Wednesday, June 1, 2016

in order to be seen you need to be visible.




I have long resisted making my own professional website.

Frankly, I never used to see the point. Then one day, someone I was already working with mentioned another potential area of collaboration as a result of having seen my CV. It occurred to me then that  people know you for one skill, and might not think of you for something else, unless they have a chance to imagine you there.

That was probably 3  years ago, and since then I have been struggling with the idea that I should, but didn't know how to go about doing a website that was easy to navigate, not too boggled down on details, that would allow someone interested in my work to understand not only what I have done, but what I could do, and what is different about me. What I can bring to the table.

It was only this summer that my sister decided to go back to making websites and agreed to take me on board. I can be quite picky and obsessive about how I want things, but she not only took it in her stride, but showed me ways I had not thought of. created a simple yet blatantly frank logo that sums up so much. selected colors and styles (design, font, you name it) that for once make me look at the website and think , "yeah, this is me, in a nutshell"

I cannot recommend her more. If you've been toying with the idea  take this as the sign to move forward.  in order to be seen, you need to be visible. And if you are going to be visible, you need to make sure that -in a world filled with information- your message is clear and simple. that it tells your story.

to access the site press here