Wednesday, May 27, 2015

March family self portrait - Thank you


Thank you Laos
For the damp heat that swallows my muddled mind, plunging my thoughts deep in fermented humanity. My feelings reeling from an excess of the senses too tightly tout for too long; tingling nerves tethered still to a reality thats been with what it has too long seen.

Surrounded by heaving sighs unseen, seemingly touching untouched patches somewhere inside me, patches parched by a pummeling, dulling routine that tames the pulse of my ever convulsing thoughts now finally soaking in sights that serenade my soul.

Millennial slabs of sculptured stone surround me, springing up high from the humid hearth of my heart. Songs unsung for too long bellowing out their joy full ness-tling and cradling a beauty that breathes life back into my greying, fraying attitude.


Thank you.


***
The family self portrait  project started in January 2011. 
I take one portrait of the whole family, myself included, once a month.  
In late 2013 a "ghost" writer joined the initiative and now each photo is accompanied by a poem.
In 2015 the kids started collaborating and introducing their own ideas
...the project has a life of its own

also,
Every family should do this. It's an amazing record of the little things that matter


To see previous months click on the links below:


***