Monday, May 7, 2012

I changed my mind- April family self portrait


I know I already put up the April family self portrait, but I was never convinced by it. I liked the moodiness, I love rainy days on the beach, but for some reason it just didn't work for me. So I went back to the pics from the session, all like 3 of them (because it was raining and because children generally don't have patience for more than that) and decided to take a different one and process it differently. I think it makes more sense like this.  I've lost a lot of detail changing it to black and white and with all the filters, but I like that it looks like an old photograph or part of an old movie. It looks like maybe it has more of a story to tell. The sea looks angrier, and the movie is probably not a happy one.  Our bodies seem are a lot more uncomfortable, probably because of the cold,  and that actually works well with the story that I have in my mind. I would title this one the castaways. Maybe.

***


This project started in January 2011, mainly because I was never in any of the family photos. 
I take one portrait of the whole family, myself included, once a month. 

Wherever we are, whatever we are doing. 

It was meant to last  for the duration of 2011, but I'm enjoying it so much that it has carried on.  Every family should do this. 

To see previous months click on the links below: