Friday, November 12, 2010

on veterans day

I don't like war. If it were up to me, anyone who did anything hostile would be sent to the corner for time out. But I know it doesn't work that way.

There are just wars and unjust wars. But regardless of that, regardless of the politics, there are people willing to put themselves in harms way to protect us: you & me.

"Protect our freedom and our way of life" is a phrase that has been so over used that to me it means nothing anymore. But there is truth behind it. There is the fact that I don't want to live in a country where I can't vote or ride a car without my husband's permission. I don't want to live in a country where the results of elections are ignored, or where the people who speak up and disagree are "put away".

And someone has to be willing to stand in harms way to protect me and my children from that.....someone has to be willing to die for Danzing.

so a toast: may your fight be fair and just, may you win, and may you come home to your loved ones, and reap the benefits of your struggles.

No comments: